Nov 16, 2010

Official Response from The MNN

The following is an email received this weekend from a founding MNN member in response to my last post:


Amanda,
Loved your blog! You, however, are only seeing this from your side of the fence, which is natural.  For a moment, stand in my shoes.
 
I have been in preschool PTA, Westpark PTA, ALA PTA, Western Hills PTSA, and a fan of countless soccer games, cross country meets, religious ed. classes at church, car pools, church choir driver, raised LOTS of money for all kinds of projects, bought cookies, candy bars, popcorn, candles, greeting cards, all to support kids stuff; for 23 years. 
 
AHHH!  I need a break!  I think I will move out of state!  Nobody knows me there!  No one will ask me to chair a committee or organize a fund raiser!  I can go to church and sing in the pew and not make a banner or head a ministry!  I can putz around in my yard, walk my dog, play loud music whenever I want, and not cook for the family and their friends!
 

So, what happens?  
 
My good friend tells me her daughter can't wait for me to get to Maryland so she can come visit me!  I say, but I will be several hours away.  My good friend says that her daughter tells her that she can be in 5 states within an hour!  
 
What to do?
 
The lesson here is that the apron strings are very long and very strong!  We all need family and friends.  
 
Yes, Amanda, you can visit us.  I hear you are going to visit Tom and Julie?  Guess you need to be in the kitchen of one of the Mom Squad for a while.  It's OK to admit you still need mothering.  We all do, just not in large doses, and not ALL the time.
 
Love,
 
Mama K



Oh, to walk a mile in the shoes of a MNN member- EXHAUSTING! Even the MNN needs a break now and again. Thanks for raising the neighborhood!
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” - Jack Handy

No comments:

Post a Comment