Aug 10, 2010

And here we go!

I’m Amanda and my 2010 has gone something like this:

After graduating in December with my BAAS in Sociology, Anthropology and Art History, I got a job at the University working in housing. I worked grown up hours, got a 401K and benefits, but really played around at my desk, read TONS of NPR and tweeted A LOT. Occasionally I got a key for a locked out resident, but mostly I created my own fun. At the end of the semester I needed something a little more meaningful and productive so I found a job as Assistant Director at a camp in Colorado. Living in the woods playing with kids and acting silly for 2 months? Sign me up! So I packed all my things and drove off into the wilderness. The summer was filled with wacky hair Wednesdays, ziplines, hiking, peeing in the forest, near death golf cart experiences (notice the plural), managing a staff of 40, and meeting so many amazing young women. Now that summer has come to an end I’ve found myself with a new job, in a new state! I’m packing my things again and heading out to Maryland to work with the National Park Service. Follow me and my blog as I leap again!

NEW STATE, NEW JOB, NEW ADVENTURES!

No comments:

Post a Comment