Nov 27, 2011

Things I Was Doing Instead of Updating This Blog

So over the past few months I’ve been a MAJOR Slacker (salute) and have completely ignored this fantastic (if I do say so myself) blog. However, I do have a good excuse.
Well maybe not, but I have been crossing things off my DC Bucket List! And here’s an update:

  • Hiked Billy Goat A (and a few of the other trails in Great Falls) and survived. Also, had a blast. I love scrambling rocks and hopping around like a billy goat, and even enjoyed the traverse. Side note: more recently at work I’ve designed up some safety signs the aforementioned trail.
  • Went on a bit of a photo walk along the National Mall and was able to get some decent shots! I could spend hours contemplating life there. I could (read: have) also spend hours yelling in the direction of Congress for being stupid.
  • I had planned on actually going up IN the Washington Monument and knocking that off my list, but a little earthquake in August knocked the Monument around instead, so now it’s closed indefinitely.
  • In October I made a trip home for one of my long time best friends wedding, which was fabulous. Also got to make my Texas State Fair pilgrimage that included the mandatory corny dog and deep fried deliciousness.
  • One of my amazing friends out here hired me to take her engagement photos. We spent the day in DC taking shots all over the city, had lunch at the Old Ebbitt Grill, saw the Warhol ‘Shadows’ exhibit at the Hirshhorn, and ended the day seeing Dawes at the Black Cat. Definitely one of the most fun days of the fall.
  • In early November my work people went biking along the Canal and we stayed in one of the historic lockhouses, which was pretty great. Definitely should have been biking that thing all summer, it was super fun.
And now, some photos:




1 comment: