Jan 29, 2011

THUNDERSNOW.

Tuesday evening Weathermen across the region started the big freakout about the impending doom of SNOW. Me, being the Weatherman skeptic that I am, shrugged off the warnings and planned for a normal work-filled Wednesday and Thursday.


What occurred during the next 48 hrs will forever make me question my hatred and disregard for Weathermen and Weatherwomen everywhere.


THUNDERSNOW.
also known as a winter thunderstorm or a thunder snowstorm, is a rare thunderstorm with snow falling as the primary precipitation instead of rain. thanks wikipedia.


SLEET. and then SNOW. and then more SNOW. and it began to accumulate. and accumulate some more.


Now this may be just a drop in the hat for you experienced SNOW folk, but for me it was EPIC. I also had no idea how to deal with it, so I opted for the ever so brave: hide-inside-and-don’t-leave-for-anything approach. (Did I mention it was 70 degrees in my hometown this week?) Two days of No-Pants Work Party (aka Telework), a snow walk with disappointing polaroids (but other cool photos), digging my car out of a 2’ high snow fort, and a SNOWMAN! Craziest week of the year (so far), and we may be in for a repeat performance on Tuesday! 


I will definitely be paying attention Weathermen- don’t let me down.





snow brush inside car. 2' pile along the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment