Dec 7, 2010

In Which I Hop a Last Minute Flight to Texas

Twas the day before Thanksgiving and all through the office, 
Not a federal employee was stirring, not even a mouse;

The doors were all shut, lights turned off with care,
In hopes that they would not have to be there;

I was all nestled in my cubicle working hard,
Visions of home dancing in my head, I had to get back, it shouldn't be that hard;

Flights were expensive, I was wrong,
and the drive was too long;

Suddenly my friend arose such a clatter,
and used frequent flyer miles to bring me home for some laughter;

I sprang free from my office and went straight for the airport,
Flew three hours home, which doesn't seem that short;

I arrived on the doorstep at ten-thirty on the dot,
Rang the bell and surprised my parents, they were quite shocked!;

Twas a good trip home,
One for the books;

Glad to see my family and friends,
Happy Holidays to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment